4.11.2008

Jamaica Pen Pal Project

Emily and I got back from our Jamaica trip about a week ago. We had a wonderful time - it was great to be in a warm climate for just a little while and to reconnect with the boys and staff of Sunbeam. We were able to work on an interesting project this time. I had my students at Woodbury Junior High write letters to the boys who attend The Learning Center at Sunbeam. While we were there, Emily and I worked with the boys to write letters back. Here are photos from the project from start to finish:

My students enjoyed learning a bit about Sunbeam and the Jamaican culture as they wrote their letters.




When we got to Jamaica, we presented the letters to the boys. They liked looking at pictures of my American students, reading their letters and writing back!












Once I was back at school I gave the letters from the Sunbeam boys to my students. They each made a poster about the project to display at the library.


No comments: